- Boys Homeschool Basketball League-Looking for 3 Players Ages 13-14Posted 3 hours ago
- Free Music Together Trial Class on 12/12-DetroitPosted 5 hours ago
- American Heritage Girls are Coming to your Area-MacombPosted 7 hours ago
- FlipSpot Gymnastics for Boys and Girls-Rochester HillsPosted 1 day ago
- Considering Homeschooling? Claim your Free Homeschool Welcome BasketPosted 4 days ago
- Trail Life USA Character Development for Boys- Information MeetingPosted 5 days ago
- Local Youth Author Gracie Harmon, Publishes Second BookPosted 6 days ago
- The Intrigue of RMS TitanicPosted 1 week ago
- Free Admission to Cranbrook Institute of Science 12/6-Bloomfield HillsPosted 1 week ago
- Cinderella the Musical presented by Project DayDreamPosted 2 weeks ago
The Michigan Opera Theatre Children’s Chorus 2012-2013 Auditions
The Michigan Opera Theatre Childrens Chorus will be holding auditions. If your child enjoys singing and acting this is an incredible opportunity. Rehearsals are every Monday evening and every other Saturday (during the day) September through May with a prep week at the end of August.
Monday, May 21, 2012 from 5:00-8:30 pm *by appointment only*
Monday, June 4, 2012 from 5:00-8:30 pm *by appointment only*
Monday, June 11, 2012 from 5:00-8:30 pm *by appointment only*
Detroit Opera House
Detroit, MI 48226
3rd Floor, Boll Hall
Enter at the Madison Stage Door Entrance (facing Comerica Park)
Michigan Opera Theatre is holding auditions for the Michigan Opera Theatre Children’s Chorus (MOTCC) main chorus. Successful applicants, ages 10-16, will have the opportunity to perform in local and regional performances. Choristers will perform in the annual MOTCC holiday concert, *A Winter Fantasy*, in various concerts at outside venues, and in the MOTCC spring children’s opera, *The Happy Prince*, on the DOH main stage. The ensemble will rehearse and perform at the Detroit Opera House from early September 2012 through May 2013 on Mondays from 5:30 – 7:30 PM with additional rehearsals as needed. There is an annual $400 tuition fee for accepted students with scholarships available, but it is free to apply and audition.
The preparatory chorus will provide a comprehensive program of vocal training and performance protocol to 8-11 year old children and will prepare them for advancement into the principal chorus. The chorus will rehearse once a week on Mondays from 5:30-7:00. The preparatory chorus will participate each season in *A Winter Fantasy concert*, on the main stage prior to the MOTCC principal chorus’ main stage opera, and in other performance opportunities throughout the community. There is an annual $400 tuition fee for accepted students with scholarships available, but it is free to apply and audition.
Audition call for the preparatory chorus is for children ages 8-11 with unchanged voices. Audition call for the main chorus is for children ages 10-16 with unchanged voices. Applicants must be prepared to:
1. Sing a prepared song. If possible, bring a copy of the music. An accompanist will be provided. Please do not bring a CD or other recording.
2. Recite a prepared poem of their choice.
For more information about auditions please visit the MOTCC website
or email Megan Warzecha at mwarzecha@motopera. org.
To schedule an audition, email Megan Warzecha at mwarzecha@motopera. org with the following information:
- Child’s First and Last Name
- Parent’s First and Last Name(s)
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Mailing Address
- Birthday (Including Year)
- Preferred Date
*About The Michigan Opera Theatre Children’s Chorus*
The mission of the MOT Children’s Chorus is to provide exceptional choral music and theatrical performance instruction in a professional environment to young people. This instruction will foster their creativity, personal expression and social growth. Offering a curriculum that embraces diverse cultures and traditions and a rich and extensive range of musical genres, the program will seek to instill personal and artistic excellence in its students. In keeping with its role as a major cultural resource to the entire community, Michigan Opera Theatre offers these unique learning opportunities to a diverse group of students from varied economic, cultural and social backgrounds.