- Discover the DIA Educator Event: Spring Open HousePosted 18 hours ago
- What Does your Homeschool Schedule Look Like?Posted 4 days ago
- Online Writing Enrichment Classes for HomeschoolersPosted 5 days ago
- Free Admission Days at Yankee Air MuseumPosted 6 days ago
- Homeschooling Works Book Fair 2014-Farmington HillsPosted 1 week ago
- Why I use the Library and Internet to HomeschoolPosted 2 weeks ago
- 31st Annual Michigan Home Education Conference 2014Posted 2 weeks ago
- Learn Butterfly Metamorphosis at the Michigan Science CenterPosted 2 weeks ago
- Health Exploration Station-CantonPosted 3 weeks ago
- Heritage Co-op Campus Visit Days-South LyonPosted 3 weeks ago
Homeschool Journey Week 35: Pioneering Ways
This week has been fun as we are up north for some R&R but also homeschooling. The girls are learning about the pioneer way of life. From Mackinac to the woods it has definitely been an educational experience.
Homeschool Week 35
The cabin we stay in has a visitor. We have a momma Robin and her babies nesting above one of the windows. The eggs have not hatched as of yet but the girls are having a ball watching the mother take care of her eggs. We had to teach them to stay away from her as not to upset her, etc. They actually have been singing to her, it’s been so sweet to watch.
We got to grill our hot dogs over an open camp fire flame. Yummm, it just tastes so much better that way. We went trekking through the woods looking for different types of plants and even berry bushes. It’s so great to be able to spark the girls creativity and get them away from the TV, etc. We are hoping they are learning to be thankful for everything they have at this point, haha!
We are sticking with our curriculum when we can while adding educational experiences from our lovely state. We are heading back home either tomorrow or Sunday. Life up here is just so much different and more exciting, haha. It’s a nice change of pace that is for sure. I hate to see it come to a close.
Sorry so short. I am currently typing our experiences in a Subway in town since they are the only place that has WiFi around here, haha! Wow, rustic living right?
Have a great weekend everyone!