- What Does your Homeschool Schedule Look Like?Posted 15 hours ago
- Online Writing Enrichment Classes for HomeschoolersPosted 2 days ago
- Free Admission Days at Yankee Air MuseumPosted 3 days ago
- Homeschooling Works Book Fair 2014-Farmington HillsPosted 5 days ago
- Why I use the Library and Internet to HomeschoolPosted 1 week ago
- 31st Annual Michigan Home Education Conference 2014Posted 1 week ago
- Learn Butterfly Metamorphosis at the Michigan Science CenterPosted 2 weeks ago
- Health Exploration Station-CantonPosted 2 weeks ago
- Heritage Co-op Campus Visit Days-South LyonPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Big Read Dearborn KickoffPosted 3 weeks ago
Private Tutoring Available
Barb’s areas of expertise:
- Reading comprehension, sentence and paragraph structure, and creative and expository writing.
- Identifying text structure, critical thinking, and making personal connections are key to gaining deeper comprehension.
- Taking students through the writing process, which involves brainstorming, rough drafts, editing, proofreading and publishing the final piece.
- Students are encouraged to expand their word choices and support their statements, which results in writing that “shows” the reader, rather than just telling them.
Barb offers one hour individual tutoring sessions, which take place at a local library. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.