- Discover the DIA Educator Event: Spring Open HousePosted 15 hours ago
- What Does your Homeschool Schedule Look Like?Posted 4 days ago
- Online Writing Enrichment Classes for HomeschoolersPosted 5 days ago
- Free Admission Days at Yankee Air MuseumPosted 6 days ago
- Homeschooling Works Book Fair 2014-Farmington HillsPosted 1 week ago
- Why I use the Library and Internet to HomeschoolPosted 2 weeks ago
- 31st Annual Michigan Home Education Conference 2014Posted 2 weeks ago
- Learn Butterfly Metamorphosis at the Michigan Science CenterPosted 2 weeks ago
- Health Exploration Station-CantonPosted 2 weeks ago
- Heritage Co-op Campus Visit Days-South LyonPosted 3 weeks ago
Homeschool Summer Sharpener #2
I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July with your friends and family. It certainly was a LOUD one, haha! It was great watching what was once illegal in our state be displayed in our neighborhood though I must admit, it was a little scary seeing fireworks you would normally see at say the Livonia Spree or Detroit Fireworks. Hey, I will take free family entertainment any day.
Because the holiday was smack dab in the middle of the week, our summer sharpeners got slightly thrown off. I tried mixing it up a little bit. I found a great site that I am currently trying out for free called always-icecream.com. It is a fun “learn and play platform for young girls.” The educational team behind it are: “educational experts, teachers, and homeschooling parents.” There are math challenges, United States map challenges, etc. The monthly subscription based on type of membership doesn’t seem too shabby, but we are just going to give it a trial run to see how the girls respond to it. Because I have all girls this is perfect, but if you have boys, they have a site designed specifically for them too called clever-dragons.com/login.
This week for mini piano/theory camp, the girls are learning about George Frederic Handel. Sweet Pea (9) is learning Messiah (Halleujah Chorus) and Cup Cake (5.5) is learning All the Pretty Horses (lullaby). It’s fun mixing up their songs with different composers. They are intrigued and seem pretty excited thus far so I am a pretty pleased homeschool mommy.
Next week we will be doing learning through recipes. I will post our adventures next week!
~Stay cool and Happy Summer
Image by: Free Digital Photos