- Summer Theater AuditionsPosted 7 days ago
- Home Made Hostess Cupcake ClassPosted 8 days ago
- Field Day for Homeschoolers in TaylorPosted 9 days ago
- Teen Minecraft Club in WestlandPosted 10 days ago
- E-Hub Registration now OpenPosted 12 days ago
- Happy 10th Birthday Mo Willems’ Pigeon Book GiveawayPosted 14 days ago
- 6 Stools & a Folding Chair Youth Theater Presents Bye Bye Birdie – OxfordPosted 15 days ago
- Meet the Author, Sarah Shepard – YpsilantiPosted 16 days ago
- Last Day for Early Registration at The COVE – RedfordPosted 16 days ago
- Art Journaling for EveryonePosted 17 days ago
Homeschool Summer Sharpener #2
I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July with your friends and family. It certainly was a LOUD one, haha! It was great watching what was once illegal in our state be displayed in our neighborhood though I must admit, it was a little scary seeing fireworks you would normally see at say the Livonia Spree or Detroit Fireworks. Hey, I will take free family entertainment any day.
Because the holiday was smack dab in the middle of the week, our summer sharpeners got slightly thrown off. I tried mixing it up a little bit. I found a great site that I am currently trying out for free called always-icecream.com. It is a fun “learn and play platform for young girls.” The educational team behind it are: “educational experts, teachers, and homeschooling parents.” There are math challenges, United States map challenges, etc. The monthly subscription based on type of membership doesn’t seem too shabby, but we are just going to give it a trial run to see how the girls respond to it. Because I have all girls this is perfect, but if you have boys, they have a site designed specifically for them too called clever-dragons.com/login.
This week for mini piano/theory camp, the girls are learning about George Frederic Handel. Sweet Pea (9) is learning Messiah (Halleujah Chorus) and Cup Cake (5.5) is learning All the Pretty Horses (lullaby). It’s fun mixing up their songs with different composers. They are intrigued and seem pretty excited thus far so I am a pretty pleased homeschool mommy.
Next week we will be doing learning through recipes. I will post our adventures next week!
~Stay cool and Happy Summer
Image by: Free Digital Photos