- Discover the DIA Educator Event: Spring Open HousePosted 2 days ago
- What Does your Homeschool Schedule Look Like?Posted 5 days ago
- Online Writing Enrichment Classes for HomeschoolersPosted 6 days ago
- Free Admission Days at Yankee Air MuseumPosted 1 week ago
- Homeschooling Works Book Fair 2014-Farmington HillsPosted 1 week ago
- Why I use the Library and Internet to HomeschoolPosted 2 weeks ago
- 31st Annual Michigan Home Education Conference 2014Posted 2 weeks ago
- Learn Butterfly Metamorphosis at the Michigan Science CenterPosted 2 weeks ago
- Health Exploration Station-CantonPosted 3 weeks ago
- Heritage Co-op Campus Visit Days-South LyonPosted 3 weeks ago
National History Bee Welcomes Homeschool Families
Homeschooling families wishing to participate in the National History Bee will be interested to know that the organizers of this event are reaching out to home educating families to encourage their participation.
According to an email from the organization:
My name is Nick Clusserath, I am a director of the National History Bee, and I am excited to have the opportunity to encourage academic achievement across the country this year. Not only do students have an opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge of history in the National History Bee, but the preparation fosters an appreciation for intellectual curiosity.
It is important to both me personally and the rest of our staff that the National History Bee has a diverse contingent of participants. Specifically, we believe strongly that this is an extra-curricular activity in which home schooled children can find enjoyment, enrichment, and success. We want to make an extra effort for the 2012-2013 competition to see that home school families are represented well and that they enjoy participating.
I invite you to visit our website at http://www.historyb ee.com/. There you will find not only more information about the competition itself, but a wealth of history resources and practice quizzes that will be useful to any student wanting to learn more about history.
If you have any questions, or if there is any way that I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at nick@historybee. com or 864.475.1776
National History Bee
If your child takes part in this year’s National History Bee, let us know. We’d love to share your story!