- Summer Theater AuditionsPosted 6 days ago
- Home Made Hostess Cupcake ClassPosted 7 days ago
- Field Day for Homeschoolers in TaylorPosted 8 days ago
- Teen Minecraft Club in WestlandPosted 9 days ago
- E-Hub Registration now OpenPosted 11 days ago
- Happy 10th Birthday Mo Willems’ Pigeon Book GiveawayPosted 13 days ago
- 6 Stools & a Folding Chair Youth Theater Presents Bye Bye Birdie – OxfordPosted 14 days ago
- Meet the Author, Sarah Shepard – YpsilantiPosted 15 days ago
- Last Day for Early Registration at The COVE – RedfordPosted 15 days ago
- Art Journaling for EveryonePosted 16 days ago
National History Bee Welcomes Homeschool Families
Homeschooling families wishing to participate in the National History Bee will be interested to know that the organizers of this event are reaching out to home educating families to encourage their participation.
According to an email from the organization:
My name is Nick Clusserath, I am a director of the National History Bee, and I am excited to have the opportunity to encourage academic achievement across the country this year. Not only do students have an opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge of history in the National History Bee, but the preparation fosters an appreciation for intellectual curiosity.
It is important to both me personally and the rest of our staff that the National History Bee has a diverse contingent of participants. Specifically, we believe strongly that this is an extra-curricular activity in which home schooled children can find enjoyment, enrichment, and success. We want to make an extra effort for the 2012-2013 competition to see that home school families are represented well and that they enjoy participating.
I invite you to visit our website at http://www.historyb ee.com/. There you will find not only more information about the competition itself, but a wealth of history resources and practice quizzes that will be useful to any student wanting to learn more about history.
If you have any questions, or if there is any way that I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at nick@historybee. com or 864.475.1776
National History Bee
If your child takes part in this year’s National History Bee, let us know. We’d love to share your story!