- Summer Theater AuditionsPosted 3 days ago
- Home Made Hostess Cupcake ClassPosted 4 days ago
- Field Day for Homeschoolers in TaylorPosted 5 days ago
- Teen Minecraft Club in WestlandPosted 6 days ago
- E-Hub Registration now OpenPosted 8 days ago
- Happy 10th Birthday Mo Willems’ Pigeon Book GiveawayPosted 10 days ago
- 6 Stools & a Folding Chair Youth Theater Presents Bye Bye Birdie – OxfordPosted 11 days ago
- Meet the Author, Sarah Shepard – YpsilantiPosted 12 days ago
- Last Day for Early Registration at The COVE – RedfordPosted 12 days ago
- Art Journaling for EveryonePosted 13 days ago
Homeschool Summer Sharpener #7
Hello, fellow homeschooling families. Can you believe that we are winding down with summer already? Where did the time go? I think it went by way too quickly, what do you think? Who is ready for a new homeschool year? I think I am, haha! No, I am getting excited to start year two of our homeschooling adventures.
In the mean time if you have been keeping up with my summer adventures you know that we have been doing summer sharpeners. This is basically staying on top of subjects that can easily be lost throughout the summer: Math, Reading, and Writing. I have been mixing up our learning adventures with online games and activities. I think my girls have stayed pretty fresh with math games, summer reading programs, and writing in their journal. Hopefully, it will be all worth it when we begin homeschooling the last week in August.
Last week we took our summer sharpeners on vacation but through nature. We took our girls to the Onaway Sinkholes (Northern Michigan) where they got to see what happened to the earth hundreds of years ago. They were pretty intriqued and defined it as the earth swallowed the ground. We also did some mini pioneering fun. We walked around the woods behind the property we stay at up north and picked berries. They were so thrilled at this and they were tasty too.
Our vacation was most definitely a blast yet restful and much needed. Upon our return to the land of the living, haha, the girls resumed with online math learning and occasional worksheets, reading (Cup Cake 5.5, started reading Pinkalicious and LOVES it) and both girls have kept up writing in their summer journals to practice cursive writing and printing. I have been including copy writing work in the mix and it seems to be very helpful.
I can’t believe that this week will be the final week of our summer sharpeners. I think we may take the week off before we start up full swing the week of the 27th. Stay tuned for a back to school post for homeschoolers I will be doing next week to kick off our new homeschool year.
~Enjoy the rest of your summer everyone and Happy Homeschooling!