- What Does your Homeschool Schedule Look Like?Posted 20 hours ago
- Online Writing Enrichment Classes for HomeschoolersPosted 2 days ago
- Free Admission Days at Yankee Air MuseumPosted 3 days ago
- Homeschooling Works Book Fair 2014-Farmington HillsPosted 5 days ago
- Why I use the Library and Internet to HomeschoolPosted 1 week ago
- 31st Annual Michigan Home Education Conference 2014Posted 1 week ago
- Learn Butterfly Metamorphosis at the Michigan Science CenterPosted 2 weeks ago
- Health Exploration Station-CantonPosted 2 weeks ago
- Heritage Co-op Campus Visit Days-South LyonPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Big Read Dearborn KickoffPosted 3 weeks ago
Oakland Homeschool Music Program Orientation Nights
Oakland Homeschool Music is having their New Families Orientation nights next week on Monday in Waterford at Grace Chapel, and in Troy on Tuesday at Bridge Community Church. This is a good time to to see what their program is about and what they can offer your child.
NO MUSIC EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY to take beginning instrumental classes, Elementary Chorus, Elementary Music class, or Choir classes.
Oakland Homeschool Music, Inc. is a Michigan nonprofit organization whose mission is to assist families of home-schooled children and other children who do not have access to a music education program in their school have the opportunity to develop musical talents and appreciation. The music education program will concentrate on music history, music theory, and music performance through participation in large group musical ensembles and elementary music classes. The program is designed to train the student for a lifetime of musical enjoyment and give them the best possible foundation for post-high school musical participation and education. Although it is based in Oakland County, Michigan, it is open to families from the surrounding area for students in grades K through 12.
The program runs on a weekly basis from September to May with concerts in December, March and May.
High School Fine Arts Credit:
Students in high school can earn 1 credit/class taken at OHMI after fufilling requirements.
Students attend MSBOA (Michigan School Band & Orchestra Association) and MSVMA (Michigan School Vocal Music Association) events and festivals, and routinely receive Division I (superior) and Division II (good) ratings. Chaperones take students on field trips to musical events, such as the University of Michigan Vocal Arts Day, and concerts at the Michigan Opera Theatre and other venues.
Elementary Music Class, Elementary Chorus, Beginning Orchestra, Beginning Band, Intermediate Orchestra, Intermediate Band, Philharmonic Orchestra, Concer Band, Philharmonia, Symphony Orchestra, MS Chorus, Concert Choir.
If you are interested for the Fall semester, please contact info@ohmimusic. com.