- What Does your Homeschool Schedule Look Like?Posted 2 days ago
- Online Writing Enrichment Classes for HomeschoolersPosted 3 days ago
- Free Admission Days at Yankee Air MuseumPosted 4 days ago
- Homeschooling Works Book Fair 2014-Farmington HillsPosted 5 days ago
- Why I use the Library and Internet to HomeschoolPosted 1 week ago
- 31st Annual Michigan Home Education Conference 2014Posted 1 week ago
- Learn Butterfly Metamorphosis at the Michigan Science CenterPosted 2 weeks ago
- Health Exploration Station-CantonPosted 2 weeks ago
- Heritage Co-op Campus Visit Days-South LyonPosted 3 weeks ago
- The Big Read Dearborn KickoffPosted 3 weeks ago
Our First Week Back as Homeschoolers
Well, we made it through our first week back into our homeschool schedule. I can’t believe it’s already our second year. I can honestly say that this time around was a lot easier since I kind of know what I am doing now, haha. Last year I was slightly stressed and apprehensive, but I know this comes with the territory. Was I still a little nervous? Oh yes! This year I have a 4th grader, 1st grader, and preschooler so it has been an adventure for sure.
Here is our homeschool schedule this year:
- 7:00 am-Wake up routine
- 8:00 am- 11:30/12:00 Instruction (This year I have a little jar that says “What’s Your Subject” each girl takes turns drawing a subject we will work on, they are loving this!)
- 12:00 Lunch and Free time
- 12:30- 3:30 Chores (they go off a color system chart on a dry erase board) Work trays, for work they didn’t get to complete during instruction, and piano practice.
- Evenings are reserved for extra curricular activities such as piano lessons, gymnastics, and dance, etc.
- Wednesdays, the girls will be taking classes at Homeschool Connections in Farmington Hills Historic American Girl class, Writing, Spanish, and P.E.
We are looking forward to a nice 4 day weekend ahead and will be ready to jump in with both feet on Tuesday! Can’t wait to share all of our adventures with you.
Happy Labor Day weekend everyone!