- Boys Homeschool Basketball League-Looking for 3 Players Ages 13-14Posted 2 days ago
- Free Music Together Trial Class on 12/12-DetroitPosted 2 days ago
- American Heritage Girls are Coming to your Area-MacombPosted 2 days ago
- FlipSpot Gymnastics for Boys and Girls-Rochester HillsPosted 3 days ago
- Considering Homeschooling? Claim your Free Homeschool Welcome BasketPosted 6 days ago
- Trail Life USA Character Development for Boys- Information MeetingPosted 7 days ago
- Local Youth Author Gracie Harmon, Publishes Second BookPosted 1 week ago
- The Intrigue of RMS TitanicPosted 1 week ago
- Free Admission to Cranbrook Institute of Science 12/6-Bloomfield HillsPosted 1 week ago
- Cinderella the Musical presented by Project DayDreamPosted 2 weeks ago
Homeschool Journey:Week 2
I am excited to say that we made it through our second week of our second year as homeschoolers, yay! Things are going pretty well and we are looking forward to our schedule picking up next week. Did I really just say that? lol
This evening, Sweet Pea (9) will be starting gymnastics for the very first time. Yes, the Olympics inspired my little gymnast wannabe. Next Tuesday evening we will be adding Pioneer Girls at Ward Church, Homeschool Connections classes in Farmington Hills on Wednesdays, and then we can expect dance to merge into our schedule by the 21st for Cup Cake (6) and Jelly Bean (3). We are already doing piano lessons on Wednesdays evenings so this will be easy to transition into.
Here is a brief summary of our homeschool week:
Jelly Bean (3) Preschool: Intro to letters, colors, and shapes through shaving cream, finger painting and coloring. She has access to a mini art table where she can explore with all kinds of activities.
Cup Cake (6) 1st Grade: Is really doing well in all her subjects. Have to supplement her math as she is my little math whiz and is bored with A Beka Arithmetic 1. I may have to go towards the center/end of the book to really give her a challenge. In science she made her own little toilet paper roll guitar as an experiment for science. She was learning about our our ears and how they work. For My America, My World history, she learned about freedom of speech and the freedom of the press this week. As you can see she made her own little newspaper.
Sweet Pea (9) 4th Grade: Is being challenged in all subject areas though loving it, okay that’s stretching it with a couple of subjects (cough, cough math) ha! I am trying my best to make it enjoyable though and it seems to be helping. She will be doing her first book review on top of a few fun projects and experiments I have up my sleeve.
They are loving my “What’s Your Subject“ my concept where they take turns drawing what subject we will be focusing on. If they don’t complete their work, at least Cup Cake and Sweet Pea, they place it in their work tray to remind them to complete it later. It’s going very well.
We are looking forward to a restful weekend, but we are also looking forward to a new week with exciting adventures.
Have a blessed upcoming weekend everyone and Happy Homeschooling!