- Summer Theater AuditionsPosted 2 days ago
- Home Made Hostess Cupcake ClassPosted 3 days ago
- Field Day for Homeschoolers in TaylorPosted 4 days ago
- Teen Minecraft Club in WestlandPosted 5 days ago
- E-Hub Registration now OpenPosted 7 days ago
- Happy 10th Birthday Mo Willems’ Pigeon Book GiveawayPosted 9 days ago
- 6 Stools & a Folding Chair Youth Theater Presents Bye Bye Birdie – OxfordPosted 10 days ago
- Meet the Author, Sarah Shepard – YpsilantiPosted 11 days ago
- Last Day for Early Registration at The COVE – RedfordPosted 11 days ago
- Art Journaling for EveryonePosted 12 days ago
Unit Studies, Pumpkins, and Chocolate Week 9
I just want to say thank you to everyone who has offered me encouragement regarding my homeschooling struggles. Because of you, I have faith and hope in our homeschool. Here is what I will be doing in the days ahead:
- Unit Study Mondays
- A Beka Tuesdays
- Homeschool Connections Wednesdays
- Library/Lapbook Thursdays
- A Beka Fridays with work trays
I think this will work out for us until we switch over to Heart of Dakota next year. As a former teacher, I am learning to break my strict schedules and routines. This is taking a load off that is for sure.
This week we learned about pumpkins and chocolate! Great combo, and literally, right? Haha! Can you say chocolate chip pumpkin muffins? Oh, those rock!
Chocolate Unit Study/Lapbook
We will be wrapping up our pumpkin study on Monday with a visit to a barn to pick a pumpkin and decorate. We wrapped up our chocolate unit study by watching a video on how chocolate is made and making a chocolate cake from scratch. We incorporated measuring, etc., for our math. I would include a pic of the finished product, but it just came out of the oven for cooling. Will post a pic next week.
I am excited for the week ahead. We will be trick or treating at the library, attending a halloween parade event in Milford right before I attend the Milford Media day event, and much more. Stay tuned for a movie review. Sweet Pea (9) and I got to see an upcoming Disney movie in 3-D on Monday night. Can’t wait to share that with you.
Have a blessed weekend everyone!