This recipe is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Just remember to start early; it needs to stay in the refrigerator for at least an hour. You can even make this a day ahead!
Scroll down past the recipe for a FREE printable recipe card.
Kids in the Kitchen: Cheese Strata Recipe
- 8 slices of whole wheat bread
- 4 slices of American cheese
- 2 tablespoons of bacon bits
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- Place 4 slices of bread in an 8 x 8 pan, top with cheese and then with remaining bread.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl & pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove cover & bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Click here to print your free recipe card!