In order for high school students to attend college, they must be able to compose an effective essay. Does your student have practical and powerful essay writing ‘tools’ in his or her composition ‘toolbox’? This six week workshop is designed to improve your student’s basic essay skills by adding advanced techniques to the basic structure he or she has already mastered.
Advanced Essay Workshop – 6 weeks $80
November 21 December 5, 12 January 9, 16, 23Thursdays from 12:00-1:25
Suggested for all 11th & 12th graders and for any high school student who is able to write the basic persuasive essay. Must be at least 14 to take this class.
- strengthening the introduction & conclusion
- addressing counter-arguments
- providing specific evidence
- evaluating the implications of the issue
- choosing vivid words
- using complex sentence structure
- varying the length and structure of the essay to suit the assignment
- revising the essay for maximum impact