- Alpha-Phonics Beginning Readers Curriculum GiveawayPosted 1 day ago
- Summer Theater AuditionsPosted 9 days ago
- Home Made Hostess Cupcake ClassPosted 10 days ago
- Field Day for Homeschoolers in TaylorPosted 11 days ago
- Teen Minecraft Club in WestlandPosted 12 days ago
- E-Hub Registration now OpenPosted 13 days ago
- Happy 10th Birthday Mo Willems’ Pigeon Book GiveawayPosted 16 days ago
- 6 Stools & a Folding Chair Youth Theater Presents Bye Bye Birdie – OxfordPosted 17 days ago
- Meet the Author, Sarah Shepard – YpsilantiPosted 17 days ago
- Last Day for Early Registration at The COVE – RedfordPosted 18 days ago
A veteran homeschool mom of 12 years, she moved to Detroit nearly 7 years ago. Inspired by her local homeschool friends and the variety of resources available for homeschoolers, she created this site to help Metro Detroit Homeschool families find a way to plug in, get connected and make friends. In addition to maintaining Homeschooling In Detroit, she also blogs at Detroit Mommies, Social Media School, Christina Strickland.com and is co-founder of Smart Savvy Social.
Lindsey Clair is a happily married mother of three daughters. She loves reading, blogging and does freelance writing on the side. Along with her blogging and writing passions, Lindsey has a strong background in music: Piano, Voice, and Flute. She is excited to be sharing her knowledge of music with her daughters as well as on the music team at her church.
Prior to homeschooling she exercised her degree in Child Development by working at day care centers as a caregiver, assistant director and director and then teaching in a private program for 8 years. She is currently the children’s director at her home church. Now on her homeschooling journey she is thrilled to be a part of the homeschool community and what it has to offer not only for her children but for her entire family.
In addition to her adventures here, you an also find her at Peaceful Island Mother.
Along with husband Brian, she is raising two girls, born ’01 & ’06. They’ve been eclecticly-homeschooled their entire lives, pursuing passions rather than grades. Sara’s passions – in addition to homeschooling her girls! – include hoopdancing, natural living, and of course creating meaningful, functional crafts. She is founder of a secular Macomb County homeschool meetup group and owner of Etsy shop SunRaye Designs. Sara is currently teaching a class called Hogwarts America to tween homeschoolers at a local cooperative. When time allows she also volunteers for the Macomb chapter of the non-profit organization BirthNetwork National.