Each week, there are three different classes offered.
- Homeschool, Healthy Cooking Class. This class is six weeks in length and is on Mondays from 10:00 am until 12:00 pm. This class is designed for students who have a true interest in cooking and are at last 10 years of age. The skills learned in this class provide the basis for life-long, healthy meal planning and preparation. Class would be ideal for teens who will be leaving for college in the near future as well. During the six weeks, “chefs in training” will:
- Learn healthy meal planning
- Basic use of several kitchen appliances
- Prepare multiple recipes at every class
- Create their own cookbook
- Understand the importance of proper nutrition
- This class will have two sessions in the fall of 2011: Sept-Oct and Oct-Nov (also including the first week in Dec). The class fee is $125 which includes everything, even the food (which will go home with the chef…unless they eat it all first). Class size is limited, reservation is required.
- “Homeschool Fitness Class” is an hour long class which combines cardio, with strength and flexibility training. School aged children (6-14) are welcome to “Drop In” on Monday’s from 1:00-2:00pm to “get their hearts pumping.” We start with stretches, then exercises, followed by FUN fitness games. Dress in comfortable “work-out” clothes and be ready to MOVE! Class is $7 per student and no pre-registration needed… just drop-in if it fits your schedule.
- Homeschool, Mother & Daughter Fitness Class. This is a “girls only” fitness class which can be enjoyed by Mom also. The class focuses on flexibility, strength and relaxation. Class time is Wednesdays from 10:00-11:00am. The fee is $7 for the first female, $2 for each
- additional female in the (immediate) family. Reservations required.
If you are interested in these class or have questions, please contact: harvesthealthykids@ gmail.com
Phone: 734-837-5067 or visit HarvestHealthyKids.com