Parents must be pro-active in planning for their child’s college education. It can be a complicated and overwhelming process to navigate. On April 16 from 7pm – 8:30pm, the Proactively Planning for College seminar will be held at Walsh College located at 3838 Livernois Road in Troy.
The seminar will address these college planning issues:
- Parents and grandparents trying to understand how to save for college and how to get tax breaks for doing so.
- 529 plans for 0-18 year olds
- MET, MESP and more
- Tax credits for college savers and during the college years.
- Parents and grandparents trying to improve their children’s chance of getting accepted to their college of choice and finding funding sources.
- Building the college ‘resume’ (beyond what even the best counseling departments cover.)
- The application process.
- Grants, loans and scholarships
Paul Housey, MBA, CPA, CFP, will co-present with Lorraine Pascasio, an educational consultant with a tremendous track record working with high school students to help them find their “best fit” college AND get accepted. Lorraine brings a wealth of knowledge on the college planning and admissions process. You do not want to miss her presentation, no matter the age of your child.
For more information regarding this seminar, please call (248) 823-1610.