Calling Homeschool Book Readers!
If you’re under 18, homeschooled, love to read books & tell people about them, we’re looking for you!
Homeschooling in Detroit has introduced a new feature of book reviews for kids & teens by kids & teens. If you’ve read a good book and would like to write a review on it, submit it to us and we’ll pay you $5.00 when it’s featured on our site. When you submit your review, make sure you’ve done the following:
- Ask your mom or dad first!
- When you submit your review, include:
- Your first name & last initial
- Your age
- A short biography about you
- A photo of you (optional)
- Your email address (this won’t be published)
- Your parent’s email address (this won’t be published)
- Title of the book
- Book ISBN
- Age or reading level of the book
- Double check your spelling, grammar & punctuation – we’re going to publish your review exactly the way you submit it
- Tell about the book and why you liked it, but don’t give away the ending
- We’ll also need PayPal account information (this won’t be published) so we can pay you
Books can include fiction, non-fiction, poetry – really anything you like to read. Just make sure that your review includes your opinion and doesn’t use profanity or anything else questionable.
Be sure to ask a parent first! We’re going to email your mom or dad first to make sure it’s okay to publish it.