- Important Assassinations in History and their impact.
- How does media play a role with violence and assassinations?
- The gun as a factor in assassinations and as an American symbol.
- Turning History into Theater…..political theater.
- The role of music and lyrics in Assassins.
- How are American musical forms such as spirituals, folk music, patriotic marches and soft-rock ballads used and commented upon in the score? Why do you think the composer made these choices?
“While Assassins does not condone violence, by definitions, the very subject matter of the play involves the use of guns in a violent manner. The play also depicts historical figures, some of whom used profane language to express their anger and angst. Therefore, Assassins may not be appropriate for students younger than high school age, or for people who are particularly sensitive to profanity or guns. (Several simulated gun shots occur during the performance.)”
For more information, contact Mary Winkler at email@example.com.