You and your family are invited to Homeschool Field Day at the Dossin Great Lakes Museum!
Wednesday, October 12th, 2016
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Homeschool students and their families are invited to a special program day at the Dossin Great Lakes Museum on Belle Isle! Students will explore the geographic, economic, social and cultural developments of the Detroit River and the Great Lakes waterways through a series of 30-minute hands-on workshops. Families can choose which workshops they will attend and record their participation on a Field Day Scorecard.
• 10:00 – 10:30 – Welcome and orientation
• 10:30 – 12:00 – Concurrent workshops on the half hour
• 12:00 – 12:30 – Bring a lunch to enjoy in our lunchroom
• 12:30 – 2:00 – Concurrent workshops on the half hour
• Learning about Michigan geography by labeling lakes, rivers and ports on a giant Great Lakes floor map
• Participating in how to tie nautical knots.
• Handling and interacting with items from the 18th century fur trade.
• Identifying maritime flags and decoding a secret message.
• Exploring Great Lakes freighters and the cargo they transport.
The cost is $5 per person (students and adults). Register now!
Early Registration is not required but highly suggested.
To register please call 313.833.7979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Parking is free for vehicles with a valid State of Michigan Recreation Passport or a Day Pass.