Connect & Grow: An Educational Retreat for Homeschool Moms-June 11-12, 2021 (Romeo)
Homeschooling Moms, you are invited to Connect & Grow Retreat, our very first homeschool 2-day conference, and retreat! ~Homeschool Connections
They want to support you in your journey by offering practical ways to help with your homeschooling needs. A wide range of workshops have been planned with topics including teaching your children, managing your household, and understanding your limitations, plus much more!
The Connect & Grow Retreat will be a beautiful getaway to connect with other homeschool moms! Come and be refreshed, inspired, and renewed in your journey & role as mothers. You will meet moms who have been doing this for years and others who have just begun.
This retreat will take place at Simpson Park Camp in Romeo, MI. The camp has dorm lodging for all of their overnight guests, or if you are adventurous, there are campsites for tents (with electrical hookup) and RV parking (full hookups).
Workshop options may include:
- Homeschooling through High school and transcripts
- Teaching multiple grades levels
- What do I need to teach my child?
- Homeschooling 101- practical tips, making dinner, cleaning, and homeschooling
- How to pick the right curriculum and unit studies
- Teaching children with special needs
- Helping your child to write and love it
- Teaching the younger years (K-3rd grade)
- Dangers of media and technology, be aware
- Different styles of teaching for your family
- Why moms need each other to thrive in homeschooling
- Organizing your homeschool life
- Training children with Biblical principles
- Teaching from Rest (based on the book)
- Raising teens: navigating the journey to adulthood
- Homeschooling while working
- Nutrition, health and hormones for you and your family
- Question & Answer with a panel of veteran homeschooling moms
Ticket Options and Lodging:
It is very important that you read all ticket options and their descriptions for details. Ticket options include with meals or without meals, as well as daytime and overnight options.
If you are staying in the dorm lodging:
- Each private room has one or two beds, a nightstand, lamp, and chair.
- Each shared room has 2 twin beds, a nightstand, lamp and chair.
- All mattresses throughout camp have been recently upgraded.
- All lodging has shared restrooms and one or two showers on each floor. There are additional restrooms and showers in two separate buildings not too far from the lodges”.
It is suggested that all attendees bring a notebook and a heart ready for encouragement in this journey we call homeschooling.
For purchasing tickets and details: www.MiHomeschoolConnections.com/homeschool-moms-conference/